Saturday, September 21, 2013

NC Edition: Five On Fri... Er Saturday (Part II)

Well, kids. It's been an exhilarating week here in my hometown of You-Never-Heard-Of-This-Place, North Carolina. Up until yesterday, the weather was lingering around a perfect 65 degrees and then I think the sun sensed my Floridian presence and scooted the temp up to 82. C'est la vie.

Sans the missing my husband part, this week has been absolutely golden. Visiting with family, reuniting with old (best) friends, talking to teenagers about why they should and shouldn't enter the life of an actor, eating Mama's chili. It doesn't get much better. I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to narrow this sweet September vacay down to five things. But, goshdarnit, I'm gonna try.

// Airports //
For about 2 years now, I've been nursing a hefty fear of flying. I'm kindof getting over myself now. The truth is, I could live in an airport. Just don't put me on the plane. On Tuesday morning, I discovered the best cure for plane anxiety: pumpkin spice coffee from Wawa and Tina Fey's book, Bossypants. Oh. Mah. Gawd. Prepare to bust a gut, split a side, laugh out loud, and do a spit take on the passenger to your left. Also, Charlotte likes to greet you with an overpowering wave of Cinnabon spice when you arrive, which is a pleasant way of saying, "We're a great city! Come get fat with us!"

// Friendly Reunions //
Anyone who knows me knows I am distinctly wretched at keeping in touch. I detest talking on the phone. I am a wild homebody (oxymoronic, much?). And I have a huge guilt complex. So, when I havent spoken to you in six months, I assume you are mad at me and I stop making the effort.

But, when I found out my best friend since kindergarten was in the same place I was for the first time in nearly three years, I 'bout flipped a lid. Thusly, the pizza outing and impromptu Krispy Kreme drop-by commenced. Per the request of mi madre, we were able to visit our old high school theatre teacher and give a 2 hour Q & A session to his students. I've done actor workshops before, but these were some of the most wide-eyed, inquisitive young actors I've encountered in a while. And as most youngsters, we were forced politely asked to sing for the class. ;)


// Seesterly Love //
My sister is my rock. Even when we don't chat for weeks, dare I say months (lest we forget my aforementioned communication skills), we can always return to the all familiar state of inside jokes and overall good times.

Taylor and I never take things too seriously as you will see in this series of Vines we took at Target yesterday...

• Halloween Costumes Are Weird This Year
Hot Dog Costume Variations

I love you, Taylor and I love our delightfully strange senses of humor.


// Nostalgia //
Without fail, coming home always takes me back to a simpler (albeit more homework-laden) time. Like, when I'd come home from college on Fall break and sleep for 13 hours at a time, shoulders feeling light as air from completed term papers and daunting exams.

Often, I like to revisit 20-year-old Candace when I'm home. Mama makes her heaping batch of awesome chili. I get to cuddle with James Bond, my first ever college cat (that my parents sweetly adopted when actor life took over). And I totally raid my sister's bathroom and closet and pretend I'm fifteen. You guys! Twilight Woods! Teen deodorant! Prince Brand Hand Salve that I never even knew existed! Totally, for sure!



// iOS 7 //
Kids. iOS 7 has arrived and I am in love. Everyone's got their panties in a wad about how different it is. But, the iPhone overall software look hasn't changed much since its installment in 2007 so I. am. on. board. Plus, their are buckets of new alert and ringtone so I am kindof losing my mind. They're s'cute! In love am I.

This is but a morsel of my glorious week and I look forward to sharing more of my NC exploits with you soon! I'll be back in super hot Florida (husband reunion time!) late tomorrow night. How was YOUR week been, darling people?

Linking Up With:

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have had an AMAZING time!! I am actually not afraid of flying itself. However, my body has a different idea. It likes to get nauseous and my ears don't like to adjust. I fear how it will react.

    You have the prettiest voice!!! That was such a good clip - I'm so glad you shared it!

    I love the new iPhone upgrade too!! It makes me feel like I got a whole new phone. Haha.

    Bonus, my communication skills are poor too... Weird, huh?

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I wonder how my body will react the first time I ever go on a cruise. It could be a nightmare.

    Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm always glad to have you stop my little ole blog! :) Have an amazing week, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...