Sunday, September 22, 2013

Easy Autumn Yarn Wreath


I've been wanting to make one of these wreaths since the invention of yarn.

This may or may not be an exaggeration.

And, by that I mean, I love a good hyperbole.

Pinterest is blanketed in wreath ideas. Especially, at this time of year. So, in honor of the FALL equinox (that's TODAY, folks!), I present you with my simple Autumn wreath. Perfect for any crafty, quirky, frugal front door like ours. :)


What You'll Need
- Yarn of your choosing (I bought the cheapest I could find at Wal-Mart- $2.22 per spool)
- One foam wreath ($3.00 at Wal-Mart)
- Felt (whatever colors you prefer- 5/$1 at Michael's or $0.29 per sheet)
- Tacky Glue

Directions
1. Place a dot of glue at the top of your foam wreath.
2. Cut a manageable length of yarn (I like to wrap the yarn continuously around my hand until I have a large amount, cut, and begin from there).
3. Simply begin wrapping! I prefer applying a line of glue to ensure that the yarn stays in place. Wrap away, let your mind go wild with patterns and color combinations. This is nice to do while watching a movie and sipping some cider. ;)
4. I cut my felt freehand into leaf shapes. Feel free to use a stencil if you'd like more precise shapes.
5. Apply leaves with tacky glue and allow to dry. Voila!

Linking Up With:

4 comments:

  1. Glad I was there to witness your craftiness. It turned out PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what to do with all that yarn from my failed crocheting attempts

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I think I'll make a similar one for Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...