Saturday, August 31, 2013

My First Foodie Pen Pals! August Edition


I have been so, so excited to share this and could barely wait until now to do so! This was my first foray into the land of Foodie Pen Pals and I was so very fortunate to receive the darling Kimberly as my amazing and wonderful pal. She sent me the most delicious, delectable, tasty, decadent (other synonyms for yumtastic) goodies from her Virginia town and I couldn't have been more tickled pink.

You guys, look how excited the cat was (He actually looks really threatening in this picture... he was truly just yawning...). So, thank you to the lovely and delightful Kimberly for going to the trouble to hit up the local farmer's market for and make this such a fun experience!


Among the goodies?
1. Butter Toasted Peanuts: Oh. Mah. Gawd. Get up in my mouth. I think Timothy and I inhaled these in a minute.
2. Salted VA Peanuts: A classic delight.
3. Gummy Bears: Because I am a gummy fiend. And these were perfectly plump and sweet for my sad addiction.




4. Virginia Apple Butter: How did she know my affinity for this stuff?! This. Is. Amazing. And perfect for the fast approaching Fall.



5. Butter Brown Snickerdoodles: The grand finale! These were AMAZING. Holy bee-joe-lee. We even shared these with friends and bragged about Kim's brilliance. If you want to taste all of the greatness we did, she adapted the recipe from the Ambitious Kitchen.

Thank you so much again, Kimberly and Lindsay from the Lean Green Bean for this brilliant exchange. Can't wait to do it again! :)

6 comments:

  1. Yum! Your pen pal did good! Oh man I bet that apple butter is delish. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm a lucky lady! :) Happy Saturday to YOU!

      Delete
  2. Good gawd I love apple butter !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might try this! Plus I've never heard of apple butter before, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the most amazing thing in the whole wide world. It's kind of like a jelly but with all the cinnamon-y deliciousness you could ever imagine. If you can find it, you should definitely give it a taste! :)

      Delete
  4. That looks like so much fun! You really hit a jackpot with apple butter and homemade cookies. YUMMMMMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...