I've loved these since I was a kid. They're cheap, easy and make your home smell delicious!
What You'll Need
• 1 Cup of Cinnamon (Powder, not Cinnamon Sugar!)
• 3/4 Cup Applesauce
• 1 Tbs Ground Cloves
• 2 Tbs Elmer's Glue (I used Dollar Tree white glue)
• Cookie Cutter
• String, Yarn, or Ribbon for Hanging
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine cinnamon and cloves.
2. Add the applesauce and glue.
3. Knead by hand in bowl for a few minutes, until you have a firm, pliable dough. If the dough is too wet, add more cinnamon if the dough is too wet, more applesauce if it's too dry.
4. Dust your work surface with cinnamon.
5. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
7. While the dough is still moist, cut a hole in the top of each ornament with the end of a straw for hanging.
8. Place ornaments onto a cookie sheet (with no wax paper or tin foil and this could leave imprints on your dough during the drying process) and air dry for several days. Carefully flip them several times while drying so they won't bend or warp.
9. For a shorter drying process, bake ornaments at 200 degrees F for two hours, turning occasionally.