Thursday, October 3, 2013

Super Sweet Autumn Leaf Garland


I am yarn and felt crazy right now. What I love about these craft supplies is that they are SO stinkin' cheap, so easy to work with, and always produce a beautiful homespun product. To complement my yarn-wrapped Autumn wreath, I decided to make some simple (albeit somewhat time consuming) leaf garland that I had found on- where else?- Pinterest. 

This is a great little craft to do while watching your new (awful, I hate it, it's stupid, I can't stop watching it) guilty pleasure, Pretty Little Liars.


// Supplies //
- 4-5 Sheets of Felt in colors of your choice (I bought 5 sheets for a $1 at Michael's)
- Yarn
- Scissors
- Sharpie

// Instructions //
- Create a "prototype" leaf and trace it repeatedly until you have filled every sheet of felt.
- Cut out your stenciled leaves.
- Using scissors or a whole punch, cut three-four holes in each felt leaf.
- Weave your yarn through. Repeat until you have your desired length of garland! :)


Happy Autumn Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. so much cute fallness going on over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Candace...love ya bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by to let you know that I've featured your autumn garland and yarn wreath in my newest post "15 Frugal Fall Decor Ideas." I also featured an image of your garland in the collage photo that I'm using for Pinterest. I hope it's okay! If not, just let me know and I'll remove them ASAP. :)

    Love both projects - they're super cute and I think I'm going to make the yarn wreath because I have a lot of yarn leftover from my failed crocheting attempt haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH! You are AWESOME! Thank you so, SO much for this!! Of COURSE it's okay! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll be sure to link up with your post too!

      You rock my socks off. :)

      Take care, lady,
      Can

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...