Monday, September 23, 2013

Pumpkin Spotting (Part I)

I'd love to say I'm above the trend of falling victim to every pumpkinized product out there.

But, I'm not.

In fact, I'm so far INto the trend, that I want to wrap myself up in it all day until I become the Violet Beauregarde of pumpkins and turn into a big, fat, round orange gourd of awesome.

My mission to conquer the pumpkin is steadfast and resolute (as one Billy Shakespeare might say) and I'm not stopping until I've squeezed the last drop of pumpkin juice from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (amazeballs, so good).

But, no mission is complete without an army. Thusly, I'm bringing you along so that you may not be left behind in the dust of empty store shelves and barren Starbucks cups stained in drunken syrup and cinnamon remnants.

Here are my latest and greatest pumpkin finds:

1. Pumpkin Spice Kraft Jello Pudding (Found at Wal-Mart): I haven't tried this yet. But, it looks magical. And that's all that matters. Anyone tried it?

2. Pumpkin Spice Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Found at Harris Teeter): My mom introduced this to me and holy cannoli was it epic. Not too sweet but with a perfectly spicy hint of pumpkin to take your English Muffin to the next level.

3. Kraft Jet-Puffed Pumpkin Spice Mallows Marshmallows 8 oz (Found at Wal-Mart): I am pleasantly surprised to find these back on the shelves after a discovering them a year or so ago. And I'm wondering why I haven't tried them in a s'mores fashion yet. Yummo.

4. Pumpkin Cheesecake Donuts (Found at Krispy Kreme): Not going to lie. As enticing as these sound and look, they frankly tasted like a plain old custard filled donut. I barely noticed a pumpkin flavor. I preferred the regular pumpkin donuts though they weren't as pumpkin-y either. Give them a go for the sake of the pumpkin if you like.

5. Trader Joe's "This Pumpkin Walks Into A Bar..." Cereal Bars (Found at Trader Joe's): These, by far, take the cake. Or bar, as it were. These are divine and delectable and you don't even have to feel bad about eating them. Fine way to start the day!

What are your latest pumpkin treasures? Stay tuned for more pumpkin-y goodness!

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand the crazy pumpkin trend. I'm not a big pumpkin fan. For someone who likes pumpkins this must be the best time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me so happy!!!!

    Except I looked for those pumpkin marshmallows at the store last night (because I thought they'd obviously be awesome in a hot chocolate) and my store doesn't have them yet :(

    I'll def be trying those Trader Joe's bars!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...