Thursday, August 22, 2013

Timothy's Off-The-Cuff Made-From-Scratch Mac 'n Chee

Last week, I had the dinner all mapped out. Steamed cabbage. Smoked turkey sausage. Brown rice. My husband came home, saw that the milk was about to go bad and said, "On second thought..."

Two hours later? The most glorious macaroni and cheese lay before my very eyes (and tongue...).

My husband is amazing at this, ladies and gentleman. He can whip up the most decadent meal in the world with just his own noggin and self inspiration. I have to scrutinize over recipes and study them harshly. I don't have the instinct he does. He just understands food.

I theorize it's in his Greek blood.

Also, maybe I am just lame. 








// Ingredients //
4 Cups of American Sharp Shredded Cheese
16 oz box of Pasta Shells (Or pasta of your choice)
2 1/2 Cups of Milk (Heated 1 minute in microwave)
1/4 Cup of Butter
1/4 Cup of Flour
1 Tbs of Panko breadcrumbs
1 Tbs of Grated Parmesan Cheese

// Directions //
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter over medium heat. Don't let it brown.
2. Stir in flour and whisk continuously and vigorously.
3. Stir and heat over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
4. Pour in small portions of warm milk gradually adding more and more so milk does not curdle.
5. Stir in shredded cheese.
6. Boil pasta according to box directions (2 minutes less for al dente which we prefer!).
7. Spray 8x8 baking dish and pour 1/4 cup of cheese mixture into dish to ensure noodles are evenly coated.
8. Pour noodles into dish and cover with remaining cheese mixture.
9. Sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. 
10. Optionally dot with butter to taste.
11. Heat for 16-18 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
12. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Linking Up With:

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, you besta fly down to Orlando and GET SOME! :)

      Delete
  2. UH i need my husband to go make this for me right.this.second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You should totes guilt trip him into it.

      I keed. I keed. I keed.

      But, no really... ;)

      Delete
  3. So...i LOVE mac and cheese. And I LOVE sharp cheddar. And I LOVE panko crumbs. Your Timothy is awesome. Now I want some mac & cheese...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Ok, true story. I still haven't invested in the DQ dipped cone you talked about- how many weeks, dare I say MONTHS ago? When am I going to do this? It has to happen.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...