Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Our Wedding: The Reception

Our reception was perfectly simple. Nothing fancy. Nothing over the top gawdy. Sweet, homespun, personal.
I knew I wanted my father to speak. And as predicted, he had the whole place in tears. His words were so powerfully poignant, I tell you! 

As I always say around here, my favorite thing to do is celebrate Timothy's Greek heritage and my Southern heritage. So, naturally we had Greek mints and Cackalacky BBQ sauce (my mom's brilliant idea) as favors for our guests. For those of you who don't know, "Cackalacky" is a nickname us Carolinians call our states. :)
To close out the evening, per the request of our family, we sang some Beatles "Something In The Way She Move." 

Have any fun reception stories from your wedding?

Linking up with:

6 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You had so many fun and personal touches for your wedding! Super love the favors, and that the two of you sang.
    We had a small family wedding in Hawaii on Easter Sunday. Both sides of Hubby's family has an egg bashing tradition. So I had our wedding planner dye eggs so I could surprise everyone at dinner. His family had been lamenting not being able to egg bash, so they were so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw golly, thanks! I LOVE that about your wedding! I'm sure his family was so, so pleased! I know nowadays it's all about breaking free from old customs and BURNING YOUR DRESS (what the whose-it is THAT all about?! have you heard about this?!), but I love me some good ole fashion tradition, sometimes.

      You'll have to post some photos of your wedding! As always, thank you for your comments! You know I'm a fan of yours! :)

      Delete
  2. love that you incorporated both the greek and the south :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- it's an interesting blend but I kinda like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Looks like a wonderful celebration. I am now following you via your social media. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! It was pretty awesome! :) Consider yourself followed back!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...