Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Peach Cobbler That Even Your Very Good Cook of a Greek Father-In-Law Will Love



So, confession. I'm kindof obsessed with this blog and may or may not be living vicariously through the author. Last week, I stumbled across her recipe for The Best Peach Cobbler You've Ever Had and knew I had to give it a go. I'm a peach cobbler enthusiast and the sheer idea of striking gold with "the best I've ever had" simply needed to happen. Plus, it was my father-in-law's birthday. Perfect excuse for "cake" making.

I modified the recipe ever so slightly with a few lighter ingredients so I could feel less guilty about eating it. I'm clearly a dieter in denial. I feel good about eating M&M's in trail mix merely because of their healthy context of nuts and fruit.

It was pretty friggin' fabulous, I have to say. The Greek in-laws (and hubby!) loved it. And that's a compliment to Ms. Schultz, not me. The recipe is so simple that I cannot begin to boast any sort of tedium or hardship. I mean, this was the recipe that made me finally pull out the Big Girl camera for this blog. That's big, people! That means I'm graduating to fancy photos on my blog. This is epic! ;)

Enjoy, kiddos.


// Ingredients //
1 box yellow cake mix (not baked, just the powder)
⅓ cup butter, softened
2 eggs
30 ounces canned peaches, drained (or 4 fresh peaches, peeled and pitted)
8 ounces light cream cheese
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sugar-Free Vanilla ice cream (optional)

// Directions //
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Mix ingredients until crumbly. Separate ½ cup of crumble for topping.
2. Spray an 8x8 glass dish (OR 9×13 glass dish- I used a smaller dish for a plumper loaf) with cooking spray. Press remaining crumble into base of dish.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. While crust bakes, slice peaches into small chunks.
Beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla until creamy. Layer peaches on top of baked crust and spread cream cheese mixture on top of peaches.
4. Top with remaining crumbs and bake for 40 minutes (or 30 minutes with a 9x13 dish). Cool for 30 additional minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Modified From Rachel Schultz

16 comments:

  1. wow, that looks SO GOOD! the only thing i'm capable of baking (but i've done it so much it's totally awesome) are chocolate cupcakes... just need to work on the piping because i suck at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! Yeah, I'm no bueno with piping either. But, chocolate cupcakes- Yes, please!

      Delete
  2. That looks so delicious. Cannot wait to make it. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'll have to let me know if you like it! :)

      Delete
  3. Yum!! I just made a peach dessert a couple days ago and am now obsessed. I'll definitely give this a try next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what did you make?? Peaches are like the "pumpkin" of the summertime for me. Yum!

      Delete
    2. Haha your comment on my blog made me laugh. Clearly great minds think alike when it comes to dessert! :)

      Delete
  4. looks delish ! i have a really easy cobbler that you put together using grand biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh snap. I'ma need to steal that from you. :)

      Delete
  5. It looks so awesome! I'm gonna stash the recipe away for fall. Not that I get much of a fall out here in Florida but I can pretend that it's fall-like with peach cobbler lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm in Florida too! What part are you in? I'm in the magical land of Orlando. Fie on this heat.

      Delete
    2. I am too lol. Well, technically I'm in Clermont. But it's still "Orlando area" to me. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, this sounds so good. I saw it on brag about it.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Candace, I love your blog...it's so cheerful and 'homey'. I love peach cobbler...yours looks very good. I know I'd be heaven with this for dessert. Found you through Totally Tasty Tuesday. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH lord that looks so amazing! I can just smell it now :). Stopping by from Brag about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look delightful!!!!!! Mmmmmmm Peach Cobbler. And any dessert that impresses the in-laws is a SUPER BIG FAT WIN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...