Saturday, July 20, 2013

Yard Sales And Quiet Walks

Ah, the quiet of a Saturday to myself after a full week of clowning hysterics. You can't beat it.

There was a community yard sale happening in an apartment complex down the road from us so I decided to take a morning walk over to see if I could find some treasures. I failed to remind myself that distance is highly based on perspective. Cars are fast. Human feet (sans Olympic champs) are not . So, what I thought would be a five minute skip-to-my-lou turned into 25 minute trek. UPHILL! Apparently I'm a grandma.

Still, it was a breezy overcast day and a little cat greeted me on my journey. I can't complain. :)


I scored a nice white canvas shower curtain, some Scentsy smell-good tarts, and a cute wallet (or so I thought. Turned out to be a tiny photo album. I WANT MY QUARTER BACK!). The damage? Six bucks. Nailed it.

I've spent the remainder of the evening losing hours to Pinterest and listening to old songs from high school. Hey, remember when John Mayer was normal?


In my pursuit of nostalgic tunes, I rediscovered this hidden Jason Mraz gem. You're welcome.


Happy Saturday! :)

Linking Up With: Sweet Saturdays & I Love My Post

3 comments:

  1. hello! stumbled upon your blog at a bloghop and I'm glad I did. Followed you on bloglovin. Loving your blog and looking forward to your posts :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7038349/the-wallflower-secrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Thanks so much for the blog love! Consider the good deed returned. Followed you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to meet you!!!!! have a wonderful start to the week and thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...