Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Our Wedding: The Engagement Photos

Alright kids, first confession: We got our engagement photos done THREE days before our wedding. You wanna talk about procrastination? We did it. We went there. 

I was so concerned with making every little decoration by hand that I forgot 1. To buy a dress until the last minute and 2. To capture that beautiful moment of "we're not married yet but we're gonna be."

We wanted our shoot to capture the fact that we rarely take anything seriously, our simplistic affection for one another, our quirky antics, our love for music, and Paddington the Bear- who I've had since I was born, whose ears are mere tatters of felt, and who still sleeps in the Mr. and Mrs. Pappas bed each night. :) Enjoy.










Who Did It: Our amazing family friend: Debbi Randall Ballard 
My Advice: Be sure to find a photographer who can capture your personality as a couple. How sad it would be to look sterile and generic and uncharacteristic in your engagement photos knowing the vibrant and unique couple you are! Be comfortable and familiar with your photographer as best you can. :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, these are too much fun!!!! What a great engagement shoot. I especially love the appearance of Paddington Bear and the little piano. Too. Much. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I took pictures on a train track too, and we were complete goofballs the entire time as well. Your pictures are so sweet! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures but more importantly that you are taller than your hubs! I'm 6'1" and am a little taller than my fiance. Stuff like that used to bother me but it doesn't anymore-- I think it's precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! This makes me so happy! I was insecure about Jolly Green state for most of my life and now embrace it thanks to my husband. He actually enjoys heels. I love that you're tall! Can't wait to head over to your blog and bond over "how the weather is up here!" :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...