Saturday, March 29, 2014

Playing Ketchup: Episode Five Billion & Two


You know that ole saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater?" (Well, far be it for me to call it, "old." I'm sure this expression came around sometime in the fifties by angry mothers wagging their fingers at their daughters' wrong-doing ex-beaus. Or perhaps it came around in the eighties when women became all shoulder-pad-y and empowered and weren't standing for it anymore. Or perhaps I'm wrong all together and Shakespeare really has coined every phrase in the book. But, I digress.) 

Let me clarify, I have never been, am in no way, and will never be: a cheater (Unless you count peaking in the back of the Sudoku book when I've screwed up a box. I've got to stop using ink pens instead of pencils).

The fact of the matter is, I am an inconsistent blogger. I really hit my stride in June and July of last year as far as frequent posting was concerned. But, October hit and I was lost in the bowels of work land. December had a faint glimpse of Christmas cheery posts. January rolled around with fist-clenched determination... which lasted approximately four days. February saw one measly blip on the radar. And now, here we are. On the brink of April with- drumroll, please- FIVE whole blog entries in 2014. Pathetic? Oh yes. 

So, here I am. Admitting my faults, half-apologetically.

Once an inconsistent blogger, always an inconsistent blogger.

Thusly begins my new series: "Playing Ketchup." A practical way for me to let you know that I probably won't be here every day, but goshdarnit, I'll try. And on the (likely) chance that I fade away for a week or two, I promise to catch you up upon my return. Because I know you, kind stranger, have been hanging on that cliff to find out what I've been up to just as much as I've been starving for Orange Is The New Black: Season 2 to start up. 

Hi there. How have you been? It's nice to be around these parts.

(... that's what she said).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...