Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Social: Witches And Sisters And Fruit Snacks, Oh My!

Sunday already? Where'd the weekend go? Golly gee. Time for a little Sunday Social action!

/ What are 3 items you can’t live without on a daily basis /
iPhone, iPhone, iPhone. That's right, kids. I am a walking stereotype struck by the modern day technology epidemic.

/ What is your all time favorite book? Why? /
Without a doubt, The Witches by Roald Dahl. It's the idea of a children's tale being told almost mockingly in a muddled adult fashion. It's a terrifyingly hilarious and brilliant situation. It's a sweetly cynical and viciously charming little read.



“She might even be your lovely school-teacher who is reading these words to you at this very moment. Look carefully at that teacher. Perhaps she is smiling at the absurdity of such a suggestion. Don't let that put you off. It could be part of cleverness. I am not, of course, telling you for one second that your teacher actually is a witch. All I am saying is that she might be one. It is most unlikely. But--here comes the big 'but'--not impossible.” 

/ What is something you’d like to accomplish before the end of 2013? /
Paying off my credit card... Fie on you, finances!

/ If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be? /
Age 9. 1995. A very good year. Mom was pregnant for most of it and it was a big honkin' party on Christmas Eve-Eve-Eve (that's the 22nd of December, mind you) when my little dark-haired, curly-headed sister arrived.
AHH. Look how cute my little sister is! She's 17 now but she's STILL just as cute. :)

AND I just made this fancy connection: this is the year that my dad tried to force me on Disney's Hollywood Tower of Terror where I proceeded to have a panic attack in refusal. Who knew that 16 years later, it would be not only my favorite ride on Earth, but also the place Timothy would propose to me? EVEN FANCIER? That proposal day was exactly two years ago today! Aug. 4, 2011.

Other good things about 1995: Billy Madison, A Goofy Movie, Clueless, Toy Story, Kiss From A Rose by Seal, Total Eclipse of the Heart, and Singled Out. Loving it.

/ What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them? /
That if they ever want to give me any form of fruit snack or gummy, I will happily accept it.






5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you were engaged on the Tower of Terror. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw goodness! Thank you so much!! It was pretty much awesome.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the name of your blog and the fact that you listed your iphone three times (I'm obsessed with mine and it was first on my list today, of course). Dropping in by way of the social and can't wait to look around!!
    ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you stopped by and to meet a new friend! Definitely loving YOUR blog as well, miss! When are you and your man gettin' hitched?

      Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about The Witches!! What a solid choice for favorite book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...