Friday, August 2, 2013

5 On Friday (8.2.13)

It's Friday! It's August! It's my mom's birthday! Clearly, there's a lot to celebrate. :)

My Mama! /
She is a super hero. No, really. She's beautiful, kind, hilariously enthusiastic (especially when it comes to unexpected wildlife while driving), quirky, joyful, unwaveringly supportive, giving, vivacious, and she always knows what I'm thinking. Happy Birthday, Mama. You deserve all the pumpkin pie and daughter hugs in the world. I love you so much!


(That's Mom on the left. Isn't she cute? S'cute!)

/ Thrifting My Face Off /
I have been going thrift store crazy this week. Found some delectable cardigans (to be showcased later this week), a cute shelf, and some whimsical vases for a secret project I'm working on and can't wait to unveil! I even gave our bathroom a sweet little tidy-up. These bowls were 25 cents each. Why does anyone ever go to Pier 1 EVER these days when you can score awesome deals like this? :)



/ House Blend Cafe /
In the midst of my thrifty antics, I stumbled upon a happy accident of a café: the House Blend Cafe in Ocoee, FL. It's quite far from our neck of the woods but I'd be happy to make the trek again and bring the hubs along for an afternoon bite. I ordered their Egg White Spanish Frittata (sans onions) and it was just lovely! I'd like to head back to try the Curry Stew over Rice, their New Orleans Red Beans And Rice, and their Mexican Salad Mondays! To top it off, 100% of their net profit goes to the community. Their slogan is "Eat Good. Do good." Who doesn't love that? Any locals ever been to this little gem?


/ Krystal Burger /
Timothy and I raaaarely eat fast food these days. If we do, the furthest we will go to "fast food" is often a sub shop. However, when I drove past a sweet little Krystal burger joint yesterday, I just had to make a U-turn and surprise my husband with a bag o' burgers after work. To be quite frank, I'm not a big burger person. I enjoy them but hate the inevitable guilt that, without doubt, ensues every time I take that last bite. There's something so alluring about the miniature state in which these burger find themselves. They're like the Honey I Shrunk The Kids of burgers. I've never had a White Castle burger so, WC loyalists will have to let me know if I'm missing out on something better or if both of these burger joints are merely twins with different names.

/ Crayola Doesn't Make A Color For Your Eyes /
I forgot about this little tune by Kristin Andreassen. Before "Cups," there was this. Get some. Best Listening Conditions: Barefoot while driving with the windows down on a sunny day. You're welcome.



Linking Up With:


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new song! I only go to Pier 1 to look around and get ideas, then I hit the thrift stores too. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike...I just listened to Kristin's song this past week. LOVE THAT SONG. Waiting for you and Taylor to do it! Thanks for the Birthday Shout Out in your BLOG. Love you Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I go to that Thrift Mart sometimes (Ocoee). Small world haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...